A Guide to Writing Letters of Recommendation
Taken from thoughtco.com
First-time campers need 3 letters of Recommendation for Rocky Mountain XC Camp
Components of a Recommendation Letter
Every Letter should have 3 main components:
- A paragraph or sentence that explains how you know this person and the duration of your relationship with them.
- An evaluation of the person and their skills/accomplishments. If possible offer specific examples that illustrate the person’s strengths and qualifications. These examples should be brief but detailed.
- A summary that explains why you would recommend this person and to what degree you would recommend them.
What to include in a Letter of Recommendation
The content of the recommendation letter that you write will depend upon the needs of the person who is requesting the letter, but there are some common topics that are typically addressed in recommendation letters for job and education program applicants:
- Potential (such as leadership potential)
- Contributions (to class or community)
Feel free to share this page with those writing your letters! These can be from teachers, coaches, or role models.